Walton Street India team has been managing/advising more than ~US$ 310 mn in Indian Real Estate across both equity and debt.
Real Estate – Equity
The Management Team of the Walton Street India has provided Investment Advisory and monitoring services with respect to equity investments amounting to approximately US$ 175 Mn across 4 equity transactions in India.
Real Estate – Debt
The Management Team of Walton Street India has been instrumental in setting up of and is actively investing in India through its debt platform since 2013. Since 2013, Walton Street India, along with its affiliates and co-investors, have invested or advised ~US$ 196 million across 22 senior secured Debt transactions involving residential real estate projects across India. These transactions include both co-invest transactions as well as the transactions through multiple AIF platforms.
Walton Street Blacksoil Real Estate Debt Fund I (“WSBREDF I”)
Walton Street Blacksoil Real Estate Debt Fund I seeks debt investments in companies that are engaged in the construction and development of real estate assets, generally in India’s high growth urban cities.
- A SEBI registered Category II Alternate Investment Fund launched in 2018.
- Predominantly Invests in residential real estate projects belonging to mid-income category across Key tier I cities of Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi/NCR and Chennai
- Exceeded the target commitment of INR 300 cr and had a final closing with fund size of ~INR 320 cr.
- Fully deployed across 10 investments
- More than 50% of the committed amount returned to investors as income and/or principal
- Ranked in top quartile by CRISIL for Category II AIFs as per CRISIL’s September 2020 Benchmark report
Walton Street Blacksoil Real Estate Debt Fund I (“WSBREDF II”)
WSBREDF-II will pursue residential structured debt investments in the key metros across India. It expects to continue to source in-fill located mid income projects within strong micro-markets across the key metros and back renowned developers with a focus on execution and delivery
- A SEBI registered Category II Alternate Investment Fund launched in 2021.
- Primary focus of investment will be residential real estate projects catering to mid income housing across key Tier I cities of Mumbai, Delhi/NCR, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Pune
- Target Fund size of INR 500 crore with an additional green shoe of INR 250 cr
- First close of more than 70% is achieved
- Senior Secured Debt Investments
- Seek current income and short-term holding periods
- Investment in residential real estate projects
- Mid-market / affordable segment focus